About the DHDP
Creating a 21st century innovation ecosystem at the intersection of healthcare and artificial intelligence (AI)
The Digital Health and Discovery Platform (DHDP) is a pan-Canadian initiative focused on improving health outcomes for Canadians by deploying cutting-edge technologies to advance precision medicine.
We are developing:
- A made-in-Canada scalable framework to digitally enable research that advances next-generation precision medicine technologies
- Privacy-protecting data governance principles and data science technologies including AI to transform collaborative health research
- A ‘network effect’ to accelerate innovation and commercialize new products and services that contribute to Canada’s knowledge economy
Unlocking data-driven discoveries that yield new cures for cancer and other diseases
By bringing together health researchers, data scientists and industry partners, our programs will accelerate scientific innovation and technology development in Canada with a focus on oncology and neurological diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
The DHDP competitions will support programs that:
- Link health data to enable innovation through the use of the Digital Health and Discovery Platform
- Find novel ways to incorporate AI to clinical settings, driving discoveries with the potential to improve outcomes for patients
- Mentor a new generation of interdisciplinary, trained Canadian scientists and clinicians able to problem solve in complex environments
Building a collaborative ecosystem that promotes innovation for the benefit of Canadians and the knowledge economy
Funded through Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada's Strategic Innovation Fund - Stream 4 program and co-led by the Terry Fox Research Institute and imagia, the DHDP is leveraging Canadian talent to discover new solutions to major health problems.
Join Our State-Of-The-Art Innovation Ecosystem
Learn more about the ways you can contribute to the DHDP, collaborate to use it to innovate, and become a member and participate in our activities.
To learn more about the ACCELERATE Conference, please visit the event site.